Saturday, May 18, 2013

Problems

Gene is dead. Two friends are suicidal. I wrote this for one of them... Hopefully he listens....

You threaten to leave,
But do you even know what that would mean?
Do you understand what that would do?
What it would do to me.

It would rip me,
It would tear me apart.
It would cause the greatest pain.
It would push me over the edge.

I would want to join you,
Challenging the abyss.
Can it hold us?
Would we completely disappear?

I want to jump with you.
But you see my dear,
I cannot join you.
For what would that do?

It would break others.
Others would break themselves,
Just to get me back.
Just to see me once again.

And its those lives that I value more.
I don't stay here for me.
I stay here for you,
And the people who need me.

So please dear,
Don't jump just yet.
Don't leave me here alone,
Broken and weeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment