Thursday, February 14, 2013

Today

There are so many things running around in my head. Tumbling, jumping every which way.

Today, I am attending a funeral. This funeral is not for any family, or super close friend. This funeral is for a student in the 2013 class named Colin Piper. On Sunday, February 3rd, Colins mom went to wake him up, and found him not breathing. During the night, he had a severe asthma attack. He was airlifted to Rochester (best hospital in the area). They did CPR for 15 minutes and put him in a medically induced coma. Once he was breathing better, they started lowering the medicine to wake him up. But he didn't.

On February 9th, Colin was taken off of life support and died at 1:29 pm. Everybody in the school has been effected in some way. I knew Colin in elementary school, and he was fun to joke with. I also have this thing called empathy. When someone around me is sad, I am sad. I can block it off, but its uncomfortable. So today, I will cry. I will cry for those who cannot cry anymore. I will cry for myself. But most importantly, I will cry for Colin and his family.

Today, I am getting my asthma retested. I havent been taking my daily inhaler, and it feels like it has gotten worse. I know I at least need a new daily. That will be fun, as part of the test requires me to run around triggering my asthma.

Today, I am missing my boyfriend. It is Valentines day, and my other is in Florida... 1,600 miles from me. I miss him so much, though I am glad he is having fun out in the sun and warmth. Its too cold here!

Today, I see my mentor and friend. Hopefully he can find a way to make me feel whole for the first time in my life.

Today, I grieve and love. I will do my best to help those around me. But also keep myself well. Today is a day of rebirth.

No comments:

Post a Comment